Deadline: August 1, 2016
The sponsor provides a research award to conduct research in the humanities and social sciences on topics of regional or bilateral relevance in collaboration with Austrian and Hungarian specialists. A PhD (or equivalent terminal degree such as MFA, JD, or MD) is required and this program is open to academics and appropriately qualified professionals outside of academia. Grants are 2 months in Austria and 2 months in Hungary.
Research should be completed between September 2017 and June 2018.
All appropriate disciplines are considered, but the following are preferred: Art, Economics, Geography, History (non-U.S.), Political Science.
- Must have a Ph.D. (or other terminal degree)
- Open to faculty of all academic ranks
- Applicants from professionals outside of academia are welcome
- Language requirement: commensurate with the nature of the proposed project which may be conducted in English, German, or Hungarian. Some knowledge of German and/or Hungarian is desirable, and advanced knowledge of German and/or Hungarian may be required contingent upon the nature of the project.
- Feasibility of conducting research must be demonstrated in the project statement
- A letter of invitation is required. See website link for further guidance.
- Applications should state intended institutional affiliations and include corresponding letters of invitation.
More information at: https://catalog.cies.org/viewAward.aspx?n=7224&dc=HU