Deadline: March 10, 2017
The John Paul II Catholic University of Lublin, Stalowa Wola Campus, Poland in collaboration with Holy Cross College, Notre Dame, Indiana, USA 5th International, Interdisciplinary Conference in the Series:
Authors are invited to submit 250-word abstracts on any topic related to Labor & Leisure, including but not limited to:
- Work-Family Conflict, Work-Life Balance Intellectual Work & the Contemplative Life
- Labor as a Commodity, Labor Markets The Objective & Subjective Dimensions of Work
- Labor Economics & Justice Holidays, Festivals, Celebrations, Sabbaticals, Jubilees
- Job Stress, Job Burnout, Job Satisfaction Keeping the Sabbath Holy, Sunday Closing Laws
- The Virtues & Vices of Labor Unions The Priority of Labor over Capital
- New Forms of Work Organization Labor Rights, Right to Work, Right to Leisure
- Labor Migration, Wage Slavery Communities of Work, Catholic Worker Movement
- Child Labor, Human Trafficking Just Wage, Living Wage, Minimum Wage
- Digital Labor, Digital Work, Digital Play The Vice of Sloth, The Virtue of Industry
- Parental Leave Policies Workaholism & Psychiatric Disorders
- Labor-Leisure Tradeoff, Leisure Constraints The Relationship between the Liberal & Practical Arts
- The conference will be convened at Holy Cross College, 54515 State Road 933 North, Notre Dame, Indiana, USA.
Authors are invited to submit their final papers to either of two peer-reviewed, academic journals published by the John Paul II Catholic University of Lublin: Społeczeństwo i Rodzina/Society & Family or Przegląd Prawno-Ekonomiczny/Review of Law, Business & Economics. These journals publish both English-language and Polish-language articles.